Gaining small business access to capital is probably the largest hurdle for entrepreneurs, especially women entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs of color. Plus, banks favor large corporations over independent businesses, and our current financial system reflects centuries of inequity. In addition, long bank processing lag time for small businesses slows down much needed and timely cash flow. That’s why Aaron Neumann, as your State Representative for the Eastside, will fight for and supports:
- Making MN DEED loans more available and a better match for small businesses
- Legislation that protects small businesses from predatory lenders and debt collectors
- Providing more financing that focuses on community reinvestment
- Strengthening anti-discrimination protections
- The establishment of a publicly-owned Minnesota State Bank which would then finance independent financial cooperatives, credit unions, and community development funds and institutions.